How to Install PunBB Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
PunBB is a fast and lightweight PHP-powered discussion board. Its primary goals are to be faster, smaller and less graphically intensive as compared to other discussion boards. PunBB has fewer features than many other discussion boards, but is generally faster and outputs smaller, semantically correct XHTML-compliant pages.
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the "Software and Services" section, click on "Softaculous" Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen you should locate the "Forums" category. Click on it and then click on the "PunBB" link that will appear.
5. Click on the "Install" button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the "Software Setup" field:
- Choose Domain: If you don't have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
- In Directory: If you want to install this in a directory, for example example.com/forum, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave this blank to install in your main domain example.com
- Database Name: You can leave this as it is.
7. Enter the following details under the "Site Settings" field:
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like "Your Domain Name - Gaming Forum"
- Site Description: Site Description.
- Table Prefix: Leave this as it is.
8. Under the "Admin Account" field enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new PunBB username (for security reason do not use the "Administrator" or the "Admin" username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your PunBB Forum.
Finally, scroll down to the end of page and click on the Install Button.
Was this answer helpful?
FUDforum (Fast Uncompromising Discussion Forum) is a free and open source web discussion forum....
XMB is a lightweight PHP forum software with all the features you need to support a growing...
Phorum was the original PHP and MySQL based Open Source forum software. Phorum's developers pride...
miniBB is a standalone, open source program for building your own Internet forum. If you want a...
FluxBB is a free open source forum application designed to be fast, light and user friendly....